Truck/Heavy equipment mechanic
Full-Time 07:30 AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Friday
Shift: 1st Shift
Environmental Equipment Sales & Service is a refuse and recycling equipment dealer and parts and service supplier serving Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire & Vermont.
We have an immediate need for an energetic, safety minded Diesel Technician to perform truck repairs
including troubleshooting, component replacement, and preventive maintenance. Additionally, you will
be responsible to read paper and electronic instructions to understand, document and close completed
work orders. Lastly, you will follow the established guidelines and complete routine repair work in all
assigned areas of the shop. Begin your journey today!
Benefits of a Diesel Mechanic:
- A clean, safe working environment
- Company Paid Training: at least 40 hours per year
- Uniforms provided / Safety Shoe Program
- 401K with company match & Profit Share Plan
- Hourly pay – not flat rate
- Paid Vacation, Flex Days and Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Wellness programs available to include Smoking Cessation
- Referral rewards program
Job Requirements of a Diesel Mechanic:
- High School diploma/GED or relevant work experience required; must have a Technical degree, certificate, or diploma in engines, electronics, or related systems or a minimum of 2 years of industry experience.
- Skills with windows-based computer systems and ability to use diagnostic software preferred
- Must be able to read and understand technical reference materials (i.e. Service bulletins, repair manuals)
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and written, and have the ability to read and understand English
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication, and teambuilding skills
- Problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to provide own tools
The general manager ensures the profitability of the dealership by overseeing all the employees and day to day operations.
- Able to lead the daily operation of a dealership consisting of variable and fixed operations; provide direction and support to everyone involved.
- Develop and implement strategies for success; communicate and run sales and fixed operation meetings.
- Support other operational units within the store to achieve maximum return on opportunity for the dealership.
- Develop store business plan; forecast results and present business performance metrics on a regular basis.
- Model and implement practices to support a customer first approach to retailing.
- Work in sync with our current team of people.
- Contribute to training and development of the associates within the dealership.
- Engage customers early in the sale to maximize each opportunity; close deals whenever necessary.
- Exhibit a professional management style that sets the example for enthusiasm, productivity and accountability.
- Be accountable for daily performance metrics in sales, appointments, and call follow-ups.
- Health, dental, life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Two Weeks Paid Vacation + 8 holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have previous automotive management experience
- Financial Acumen
- Strong Interpersonal skills; outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships
- Excellent appearance, verbal/written communication, strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Must be a strong closer and possess the ability to ask for the sale and follow through
- Demonstrated success with growing sales volume and total dealership net profit
- Valid driver’s license
- ADP or similar automotive computer software experience is a plus
Environmental & Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may incidentally be required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds
- A current valid driver license and insurability rating is required
- This position may require up to 10% travel
Email us your Resume.